koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] mysql version

From: Andrés Tarallo
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] mysql version
Date: Thu May 26 09:03:54 2005

I Think that you can have both instaled the OLD and the newer version. Can be tricky, but you will have less downtime and nearly seamless migration.

Andres

Paul POULAIN wrote:

Joshua Ferraro a écrit :

I think 4.0 is a minimum for sure. For example, 3.23 doesn't include
query_cache so everything runs _very_ slowly. I've not tried out 4.1
but I'm not against it as a minimum. Since MySQL AB releases official
RPMs for all version of MySQL, it's not too hard to install a newer
version on RPM-based systems.

Not so easy : binary format of mysql databases differs from another version to another one. So, once you've installed a version X & have some DB, it's quite not so easy to update, because you have to dump everything, delete everything, install mysql X+1, and reload databases.