koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] inverted list Proof of Concept [quest for search]

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] inverted list Proof of Concept [quest for search]
Date: Mon May 30 01:19:09 2005

Tümer Garip a écrit :
Dear Paul,

(cc to koha-devel to this mail sent personnaly to me)

Excellent idea. I wanted to write to you for a long time. Now I take
this opprtunity
I have already tried it and it looks it is definitely the way to go. 1- I had a few problems which I thought I should share it with you. The
problem with the foreign characters lies in the fact that the perl code
changes everything to uppercase but offcourse not the accented
characters. So say a Turkish word 'çim' becomes 'çIM'. We also have say
'ÇIM'. These two words produce identical index keys for MySql as it is
case insensitive.

I know this, but it's just a proof of concept.

That is why you are getting SQL errors as Mysql is finding duplicating
keys and dropping some our your data. I have changed the PRIMARY index
on your table to INDEX and this solves the problem.

nope. The correct way to go is to remove all accented characters. Seems we could do this with :

use utf8;
use Unicode::Normalize;

$w = NFKD $w;
$w =~ s/\pM//g;

2- Is there a reason we are using 'title' as one of the keys of the
inverted file?. Are we going to use this 'title' anywhere else later on.
If not it is taking unnecessary space. I used bibid-biblionumber
combination and your code still works.

yes, but you can't order the result by title without another sql query. That's why I think we need one table for each ordering we want to have
with biblio-ORDERING_FIELD
like : biblionumber-title, biblionumber-author, biblionumber-dewey...

If there is nothing that I am
missing I suggest we use bibid-biblionumber. This way we can reach the
MARC files or old Koha files directly if we need to at a later stage.
3- Another subject:
   I have translated the NLP opac pages for 2.2.2b to Turkish. I do not
intend to translate intranet pages. I could not use the .po files as the
making of Turkish sentences is almost upside down. If there is any need
for these files I can e-mail them to you.

Could be interesting, but the problem is that templates are changing, so you must use .po files. softwares like KDE or Gnucash uses .po files & are translated to turkish isn't it ?

Good work,

Tumer Garip

NEU Library
Cyprus