koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Re: MARC Label in English

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] Re: MARC Label in English
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 09:54:48 +0100

毛慶禎 a écrit :
Hi Mr. Poulain,
Hello,

This is Anthony Mao writing from Department of Library and Information
Science, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taipei, Taiwan.

1st, please note it is better to ask mailing lists, to avoid 2 things :
* having to wait 3 days because i'm off from my desktop computer and can't answer mails * letting me answering dozens (hundreds ?) of mails that many other people could answer.

(I've seen you just asked on koha-devel for another question related to this one, it's a good idea !)

Before going further I was confused with Koha on
"MARC tag structure admin for default MARC framework".

The label is in French only. Could I change it to English?

During install, you have choosen "UNIMARC". UNIMARC tables are in french only, where MARC21 tables are in english only. To switch to MARC21 english, search marc_datas/marc21_en/structure_def.sql in you installation directory.
in mysql, empty
marc_tag_structure and marc_subfield_structure and loast the previous file to refill them.

If you need authorities, you also can load :
sql-datas/english/authorities_normal_marc21.sql

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants