koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Koha Meeting Minutes

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: [Koha-devel] Koha Meeting Minutes
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:03:56 -0800

Hi all,

Here are the meeting minutes from today's meeting. There were a few
questions for Paul, so Paul, if you would comment that'd be great.

present: thd, pierrick, russ, chris, shedges, oleonard, kados

NEWS & QUESTIONS
Pierrick asked how we currently manage new features. We discussed
the fairly informal process as it stands. Pierrick recommended that
new features be speced out in the wiki and announced on koha-devel
so that other developers can comment on them.

We discussed the need for more QA testing when developing new features.

Questions for Paul:
        when can we begin announcing the Koha Con? Are the dates and
        venues confirmed? can we get details? :-)

PERL-ZOOM INTEGRATION
Chris worked more on searching last week, excepting the 'MARC Search',
the perl-zoom plugin supports all the same searches. deletions still
haven't been finished, and the code needs testing / tweaking

UTF-8
our tentitive conclusion is that paul's troubles with UTF-8 were due
to non-UTF-8 data in his database. We will investigate further and
confirm this to make sure.

VERSION CONTROL SYSTEM
Discussed briefly the limitations of CVS and the desire to move to
SVN or GNU ARCH. Savannah is hard at work getting SVN to work and
when it looks like that stabilzes we'll take a look at it.

if I missed anything let me know.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS