koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Re: Hey all.

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Re: Hey all.
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:26:35 -0800

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 11:12:39AM -0500, Kyle Hall wrote:
> There templates are essentially finished, except for some minor tweaks. I just
> need to know how to submit them for inclusion in Koha. I have an account on
> savvanah, and Josh made me a developer, but I've never really used subversion
> and I don't have the slightest idea as to how to upload my files.
It's not that hard once you get in the swing of things -- in fact, once
you start using a versioning system for your development you may wonder
why you ever went without one :-).

First thing to do is read some CVS docs:
http://www.nongnu.org/cvs/#documentation

Here's a super brief overview of how to commit your templates ...

All of this assumes the only things you've modified are in the
koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/mpl and koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/mpl directories.
(where 'mpl' contains files similar to 'npl' (make double sure you
are using a different directory name as you'll overwrite the npl
directory otherwise)

If you've modified stuff out of those directories you'll want to
doublecheck with us before you commit it...

First thing to do is to check out a 'read-write' version from savannah:

cvs -z3 -d <membername>@cvs.savannah.nongnu.org:/sources/koha co -r rel_2_2 koha

$ cd koha/koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/
$ cp -r /path/to/my/opac/mpl koha/koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/
$ cp -r /path/to/my/intranet/mpl koha/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/
$ cd koha/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/
$ cvs add mpl
$ cd mpl
$ cvs add *
 (etc., though you can glob to add multiple files within a directory
you can't add recursively so you need to traverse the tree  manually
to add)

repeat for koha/koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/mpl, etc.

Once you've added the files, now you need to commit them:
$ cd koha/koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl
$ cvs commit mpl
$ cd ../
$ cd intranet-tmpl
$ cvs commit mpl

Hop on IRC if you want someone to walk you through it ... I'd recommend
commiting just a single file just to get a sense for how it works,
maybe start with your mozilla plugin ... I'd be glad to walk you
through that any time.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS