koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Web installer, database, Darwin (maybe other BSDs?), qx

From: Bünzli Daniel
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Web installer, database, Darwin (maybe other BSDs?), qx(), mysql
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 04:37:02 +0100

Le 11 janv. 08 à 00:49, MJ Ray a écrit :

This is just a short note to let the list know that I've found a
couple of problems with the installation process which affect at
least Darwin, MacOS X installations and I wouldn't be surprised
if other BSD-like systems had similar problems.  Anyone managed to
install successfully on one?

Works here on osx 10.5.1. Using MAMP (http://www.mamp.info)
and a mixture of macports and direct install via CPAN.

1. MARC::File::XML won't install under sudo perl -MCPAN. The make test
step fails.  Running as root works.  Not sure why this is and I've no
plans to debug it further.  This had me mystified for far too long.

 What kind of probems do you get ?

> sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install MARC::File::XML'

worked for me.

2. the web installer can't invoke the mysql command-line client. The
error is like "sh: line 1: -u: command not found" and appears once for
each SQL file.  I think this is the portability problem described in
man perlop under the qx subheading.  It's very similar to a problem in
the 2.x installer.

Didn't see this kind of problem.

Tell me if there are things I can make to help you track theses issues.

Best,

Daniel