koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Installation on Solaris

From: ohiocore
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Installation on Solaris
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:41:09 -0500

Evelio --

I am fairly certainly nobody has combined those three elements
(solaris, Oracle, websphere) as a Koha platform.

Koha on Solaris 9 has been done, I believe.  I will be installing Koha
on Solaris 10 relatively soon, and expect only minor problems.  The
main differences will be using a SPARC compiler (if appropriate) where
components are compiled from source, and certain variations in
convention regarding directory structure.

I have not heard of any Koha installations using websphere.  It might
be possible.  Strictly speaking, it would not be necessary on solaris,
since it ships with Apache (and Apache2 in current versions).  The
main hurdle would be getting the same mod-rewrite functionality in
websphere.

Oracle is a supported database platform, but I would be interested to
hear from anyone who currently runs Koha on it.

--joe atzberger
LibLime