koha-devel

[Koha-devel] biblio search problem: 2.2.9 to 3.0 upgrade

From: Matthew Metzger
Subject: [Koha-devel] biblio search problem: 2.2.9 to 3.0 upgrade
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 22:36:29 -0600

Hello All,

first, I want to thank the very helpful people who work on this project. I've come to appreciate how complicated libraries are. I started using Koha 2.2.4 in 2005 and have looked forward to 3.0 for some time.

I have followed the instructions at http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=22_to_30

I think that has been part of my problem, because I didn't realize that some of the instructions applied to unimarc, while I have marc21.

I've added one Marc Record as a test and that is the only one that shows up in any search results, both on the intranet and the opac, even though I have over 5000 other items. That search result gets me to http://stam.library.admin.test/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/MARCdetail.pl?biblionumber=5820

I can view other items by manually changing the biblionumber in the address bar URL. However, it seems that only 100a shows up in the marc data for any other item except the one added after the upgrade. Also, the value of 100a seems to be incorrect as it is always the same "Personal name 20080208 frey50".

I was browsing through the database tables using phpmyadmin and came across this warning: "PRIMARY and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `biblioitemnumber`" in Database: Koha > Table: biblioitems

Is this something that should be changed?

thanks for any help you can give me and for your time,

Matthew Metzger