koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Offset & Creep Adjustment Feature for Label Creator Tool

From: Chris Nighswonger
Subject: [Koha-devel] Offset & Creep Adjustment Feature for Label Creator Tool
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:58:57 -0500

Hi all,
  I have just wrapped up what I call a Printer Profile feature for the
Label Creator tool in Koha 3.0.
This feature allows for the creation of printer profiles bound to
printer/tray/template where 'printer'
is the printer the profile applies to, 'tray' is the tray on that
printer the profile applies to, and 'template'
is the label template the profile applies to. Basically the profile
allows the user to setup offset and
creep adjustements (aka: printer callibration) specific to a given
printer tray and label template.
The printer referenced need not be one setup inside Koha itself. The
template, however, must exist
within Koha.
  This functionality is available in most label software I have used,
and should keep the user from having
to monkey with the template specs to get the text/barcode/etc. inside
the label edges.
  I am wondering if there are any thoughts, considerations,
objections, encouragements, etc. to this tool
becoming a part of Koha before I submit the code? It works well here,
but is beta.

Regards,
Chris

--