Re: SawMill Multiserver vs. the Hurd (Farid Hajji)

From: Michael Wood
Subject: Re: SawMill Multiserver vs. the Hurd (Farid Hajji)
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 10:43:45 +0200

Farid Hajji <address@hidden> wrote:
[snip]
> People interested in porting the Hurd to L4 are invited to
> join the address@hidden mailing list. l4-hurd was put on hold
> some time ago, since we didn't find volunteers with expertise
> in thread libraries (we need a n:m-multiplexing thread-library
> for L4), but we should IMHO have a new try at it. Please note
[snip]

I have no idea how useful/useless this is going to be, but IBM
is developing an n:m-multiplexing thread library for Linux.  I
have no experience with L4, but I do realise it is nothing like
Linux, so please ignore this message if there's no way that a
Linux n:m POSIX thread lib would help hurd on L4 :)

Here's the URL:

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/pthreads/

--
Michael Wood        | Tel: +27 21 762 0276 | http://www.kingsley.co.za/