Re: startup code

From: Debian User
Subject: Re: startup code
Date: 21 Oct 2003 11:53:47 -0400

Johan Rydberg <address@hidden> writes:

> I have no clue about how to move caps around, so I won't
> even open my mouth about that.  That's your department.

But this is where the real hair comes in.  When I'm not completely
frustrated and giving up I sometimes have tried to come up with an
outline similar to the ones found in the l4-hurd doc that describes
fork.  I have the problem of simultaneously not knowing enough about
the high level (POSIX) and not know enough about the low level (L4).

Until someone more competent comes along I'll continue to try to
educate myself by thinking about fork.  Johan, you've already got
further than I have and if you want to continue by adding cap passing
and posix semantics into the mix I might be able to help as a sounding
board.  Maybe between the two of us we can make some progress on
fork...

Derek

PS: I know I said I was giving up on this in IRC #hurd the other day,
but I really meant that I won't mind if others want to help me or just
take over the task.  As long no one else is working on it I'll
continue to mull it over.  I just don't think I'll make progress very
quickly.