Re: wortel syscall wrappers

From: Johan Rydberg
Subject: Re: wortel syscall wrappers
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:19:01 +0100

address@hidden (Niels Möller) wrote:

: Does this way of doing syscall wrappers look sane?
: The code compiles, but is so far utterly untested.

Yes.  I have done the same thing in my hurd-l4 tree.  One comment,
though:

:     if (l4_untyped_words (tag) != 1
:         || l4_typed_words (tag) != 0)
:       panic ("Invalid format of space_control reply");
: [...]
: +       if (l4_untyped_words (msg_tag) != 6
: +           || l4_typed_words (msg_tag) != 0)
: +         panic ("Invalid format of space_control msg");
: [...]

Is there really a need for this type of sanity tests?  First the
message must pass the wortel control cap test.  And if it passes
that, and the message is still not correct, then something is
really wrong, and the system deserve to crash and burn.

But I guess they doesn't hurd for starters.  Later they can be
removed, to increase performance (it they have any impact on
performance, that is.)

--
Johan Rydberg, Free Software Developer, Sweden
http://rtmk.sf.net | http://www.nongnu.org/guss/

Playing A-Skills and Krafty Kuts - Tricka Technology