Re: Hurd questions

From: Farid Hajji
Subject: Re: Hurd questions
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 13:59:18 +0200

> If you want to listen my opinion I don't like pistachio license.
> It's not GNU/GPL, so they don't seem GNU people, so I expected
> something like that.

Oh, what do you have against the 2 clause BSD license?  This is the
most liberal license of all, and GPL compatible as well. Or do you
principally don't use software released under BSD license? That would
be hard to believe!

Please read more about L4 and the Hurd/L4 project. If you really want,
you are free to write your own implementation of L4, but that would be
IMHO a pure waste of time.  Moreover, L4::Pistachio is an active
scientific research project, and you'd be hard pressed to even come
close to the great performance of this implementation.

And remember: you always write software against an API, not
necessarily for a particular implementation. If you use the V4
(a.k.a. X.2) API, it would be absolutely irrelevant which
implementation you ultimately use.

Cheers,
-Farid.

--