Re: The need for an IDE driver

From: Ronald Aigner
Subject: Re: The need for an IDE driver
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 11:41:20 +0200

Salut Matthieu,

Matthieu Lemerre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ** This could be done by having L4Linux running as a normal task,
>  launched by wortel. To do that, it seems that there is just a set of
>  interfaces (l4lxlib) to implement. This require a substancial amount
>  of work and maintainance. Moreover, it seems that it would be more
>  difficult to do this for l4linux2.6; and the l4linux project is not
>  supported anymore by the L4 team.
Let me clarify this. The L4Ka team announce that they will no longer
support their L4Linux2.4 version. The L4Linux2.6 versions from Dresden
and probably also the ones from Sydney are still maintained and will be
so for some time.

> ** L4-env and their DDE
>    (http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/l4env/download.xml)
There already exists an IDE driver using DDE. Downside is, that it is
currently only tested on Fiasco, that is, L4 V2.

HTH, Ron.
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / with regards
ra3 @ inf.tu-dresden.de