Re: Device Drivers (Which is better!)

From: Christian Helmuth
Subject: Re: Device Drivers (Which is better!)
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:54:11 +0200

Hello,

On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 12:56:00PM +0430, MT Rezaie wrote:
> Hi!
> I want to build device drivers on l4 and I found two solutions:
>
>    - l4hurd
>    - kenge - Iguana - Wombat

For L4.V2/Fiasco-based systems I'd like to mention

    - L4Env (packages: serial, input, l4io)
    - Linux Device Driver Environment

Both are available from http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/l4env/ or TU Dresden's
remote CVS http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/drops/download.html.

> Each of theme has some device drivers but I can't decide which is better.
> For the first phase I want drivers for serial port on x86.
> Does anyone have any solutions about this?

Maybe L4Env's serial package could help you here.

Ciao
--
Christian Helmuth

TU Dresden, Dept. of CS