Re: Boot protocol

From: ness
Subject: Re: Boot protocol
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:29:29 +0200

[Sorry for late response, but needed some time to understand in approach what you're doin']
Hi,

I really want your advice on this because I'm not sure of having found
a good solution, and writing a solution for this problem would be
quite long.  Let me expose the problem:

I have a basically working libhurd-cap-server for L4ng here, and I'd
like to use it in replacement in all servers.  This complicates a lot
the bootstrap procedure, because sharing a capability requires the cap
server to be running.
You mean l4.sec of TU Dresden? And, does it use the new kernel or is it an emulation based on pistachio? (The second, I guess)
The current boot protocol is the following: *SKIP*

There are many problems when introducing the cap server:

*SKIP*
What do you think of this?  Is it worth implementing this right now,
or a hack would be sufficient for now, because having this new
libhurd-cap-server is quit urgent (I guess that with capability
passing, we could begin work on swap servers or so on?)
Well, I guess you'd first make the cap server work, as, like you already mentioned, it's really needed. But of course we need a clean implementation for that issue.
Thanks,
Matthieu

--
-ness-