Re: New thoughts about deva/fabrica

From: ness
Subject: Re: New thoughts about deva/fabrica
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:38:02 +0200

I don't want to argue with you, now. I read the ml and know there have already been long discussions. For me it looked like both the pros and the cons always found an answer, I don't want to begin that again, as I think it will be more or less the same conversation. I could say that it was planned to wrap the driver tasks into hurd tasks, I could say in my idea it would be possible to run multiple OS at the same time, as all resource management is done through servers that are only once in a the system.

I absolutely agree with you that drivers are no aliens and must to be handled in a ordinary way, actually 1-3 of my argumentation don't really affect my mind, the fourth was what decided me to rethink.

Actually, I think so. who a) has been part of the first argumentation about the posix level drivers and b) is allowed to should come to a decision (I guess the only thing that has to be decided is wether 4 is worth it.).
--
-ness-