RE: Let's do some coding :-)

From: Christopher Nelson
Subject: RE: Let's do some coding :-)
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:21:11 -0600

>    I believe that POSIX is not the way of the future.
>
> Then put your money where your mouth is, rewrite Emacs for a
> non-POSIX system.  You are not allowed to use the standard C
> library, or anything else that POSIX states.

Actually, POSIX does not define the standard C library.  INCITS ISO IEC
9899-1999 defines the standard C library.  POSIX may include the
standard C library as a requirement for a conforming system, but it does
not define it.

Your challenge assumes that people think that Emacs is A Good Thing(tm).
>From the plethora of *other* editors, it is obvious that not everyone
feels that way.  You should note that Emacs *has* been ported to a
number of other systems, many of which have a POSIX layer but are not
natively POSIX.

-={C}=-