Re: Rants from Alfred

From: Bas Wijnen
Subject: Re: Rants from Alfred
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:15:15 +0200

Hello,

Perhaps there is some confusion about this.  Personally, I sort my incoming
e-mails with procmail based on their X-BeenThere: field.  All list postings
have it.

However, the list filters the headers of e-mails, and by default doesn't send
them to people who are also in the To: or Cc: header.  This means that when
people reply-to-all to my list postings, they arrive directly in my normal
mail box, and they don't arrive in my list box (because the list didn't send
them to me).  This does not mean they didn't go to the list.

This may have happened to Jonathan, and he may have (incorrectly) concluded
that the mails were private (without looking at the headers).

Thanks,
Bas