Re: Coyotos vs. EROS

From: William Grim
Subject: Re: Coyotos vs. EROS
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 07:42:35 -0500

On 10/28/05, Justin Emmanuel <address@hidden> wrote:
OK! I give up.

1) What is an endpoint?

Once I know that I will know what a capability or an IPC endpoint is.

If you have a look at "Distributed Systems: Principles and Paradigms" by Andrew S. Tanenbaum and Maarten Van Steen, you will find a few pages detailing what endpoints and capabilities are.

Also, Tanenbaum's book has all sorts of topics in it that discuss some of the issues we are discussing on this list right now.  However, since distributed systems research is still relatively new (at least in the areas we are concerned), the book leaves open questions for further research; luckily, Tanenbaum cites well and links to lots of useful papers in his book.  The downside of the book is that it is 100 USD for a new copy.

--
William M. Grim
Master of Computer Science, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville