Re: University Project, Possibilities/Suggestions?

From: Matheus Morais
Subject: Re: University Project, Possibilities/Suggestions?
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:02:47 -0200

Hello,

On 1/18/06, Donnie Jones <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I am a Senior in the undergraduate Computer Science of Engineering program
at the University of Kentucky.  One of our requirements for graduation is to
complete a "Senior Design Group Project."  This course lasts a single
semester.  Groups are usually 3-4 people, and multiple groups could occur
assuming there is enough interest.
The goal of this course is to learn better collaboration skills and
software engineering techniques to design and implement a project.

I am very interested in operating systems research/implementation, and I
would love to be able to help with L4-Hurd.
So, I ask you, are there any L4-Hurd projects that may be available?
Or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Actually the l4-hurd project is 'stoped' because the mantainers decide to study differents kernel structures. The most wanted kernel to be L4 substitute is Coyotos but it still in developing proccess. You can learn more about coyotos at www.coyotos.org.

You can find my course web page here for more information:
http://www.cs.uky.edu/~tony/cs499/index.html

Lastly, I need to submit a project description to the class ASAP, and
choose my top 4 choices of projects to work on within the next week.
Thank you!
__
Donnie Jones

Anyways the only workable and active project is Hurd/Mach you can get information about it in bug-hurd list.

Thanks

Matheus Morais