Re: GFDL (was: Re: KANETON)

From: Jonathan S. Shapiro
Subject: Re: GFDL (was: Re: KANETON)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 12:02:19 -0400

On Sat, 2006-08-12 at 22:41 +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 08:40:51PM -0400, Jonathan S. Shapiro wrote:
>
> > The one thing we will require (which is why there is a question about
> > GFDL) is that any modification of the document must not be described
> > as Coyotos.
>
> This is actually one of the things GFDL tries to ensure... Do you think
> the provisions may not be strong enough?

GFDL has provisions to insist that certain sections not be removed or
changed. I can't figure out anything in it that lets me say "if you
change this section, then you must globally replace the name 'Coyotos'
with something else". Merely updating a change history is not enough.

Also, the damned thing is horribly complex.

When the time comes to change the copyright, I'll ask the relevant
people at FSF for advice. At the moment, this is not a priority and I
don't want to divert my attention right now.

Thanks, though!