Re: Collaboration question & challenge use case

From: Christian Stüble
Subject: Re: Collaboration question & challenge use case
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 01:24:10 +0200

Hi Joerg,

the anonymity of a P2P network depends on many things, amongst others on the
number of correct nodes and enough traffic. The idea behind the UC is that
the use of TC reduces the number of the nodes that may pot. be hacked and
thus reduces the overall number of nodes you have to use at a minimum.

Of course TC does not guarantee that a platform is not hacked, but it makes
the level of required resources a little bit higher (if some other
assumptions are fulfilled).

The problem of 'real' anonymous based on crypto protocols is that they are
very inefficient.

TC may also help to detect virtual networks creating lots of virtual nodes and
virtual traffic.

Regards,
Chris