Re: Translucent storage: design, pros, and cons

From: Jonathan S. Shapiro
Subject: Re: Translucent storage: design, pros, and cons
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 09:31:55 -0500

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 14:58 +0100, Tom Bachmann wrote:

> Jonathan S. Shapiro schrieb:
> > 2. You will probably want to adopt (subject to the translucency change):
> >   Constructor
>
> Perhaps you have explained that a number of times (?), but I didn't
> really get it. What is the advantage of a constructor design, when it's
> most unique features are undermined? What more das does it serve, then,
> than encapsulating process creation?

If the only purpose it serves is encapsulating process creation, that is
still a sufficient reason to have the constructor.

Translucent storage does not undermine confinement at all, so your
supposition is mistaken. What is undermined by translucent storage is
the encapsulation property.

--
Jonathan S. Shapiro, Ph.D.
Managing Director