Re: [libmicrohttpd] some suggestions for microhttpd

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] some suggestions for microhttpd
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:15:29 -0600

Hi!

Doing a POST example sounds easy and might make sense.  I don't think I'll
have time to do it soon, but I'll be happy to accept a patch that adds an
example for how to do it.

I do, however, disagree with using Boehm's GC with MHD (or even complicating
the build system for it and thus encouraging this), there is only reference
counting for response objects (minimal use) and keeping the code clean
(memory-wise) is crucial for a decent C library.  As far as I see it, if
certain users for some really odd reason need to use Boehm, they can always
define their CFLAGS/LDFLAGS environment variables as needed.

As far as the PDF documentation goes -- I didn't do anything special when
building it from the texinfo document (which is public in subversion).  If
there are some options that I should use for better results, please let me
know what those options should be.

My 2 cents!

Christian