[libmicrohttpd] Needed enhanchments

From: Baruch Even
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Needed enhanchments
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:35:54 +0200

Hi,

I'm using libmicrohttpd for a project of mine but am missing two
features, they are not critical for now but I would like to see them in
the future.

I will eventually need to handle thousands of connections at the same
time, some will be long-lived connections (ajax comet) and others short
term. I fear that select will not allow me to scale efficiently for
this. Are there plans to use poll/epoll to allow better scaling?

One use of comet is for events from the server, the client sends a
long-lived request that will receive a response once the server has
something but there is not ongoing generation of data. The current way
things work is that the response callback is polled for data, I'd like
to be able to prevent this polling until such time that I actually have
data to send. When that happens I'd like to push data to the response,
and then if the respone buffer is full it will poll me back for the
data.

I can do the changes myself but I'd like to know if you are open to
incorporating such changes into the library.

Thanks,
Baruch