[libmicrohttpd] Feature request: Support for testing a connection's stat

From: Jesse Anderton
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Feature request: Support for testing a connection's status from a callback function
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 11:52:51 -0500

I would like to implement something like a push request from my web server.  My underlying need is for my web server to be able to report to a client when particular events have occurred.  I am planning to implement this by providing a request which will remain idle and leave the connection open until it has something to report.  Once it has something to say, it will build and send a response containing all the events it has to report.  The client will process the events and then make a new request for any further events which are generated.

It's already possible to write this request with libmicrohttpd.  This approach has a problem, though: we're sitting in a callback method for quite a long time, and I know of no way to test whether the connection is still valid.  I would like to be able to give up on the request if the client closes the connection.

Is it already possible to ask the library whether the connection is still active?  If not, is this something you would consider adding?

Regards,

Jesse Anderton