Re: [libmicrohttpd] How calling MHD_start_daemon() to get deflate compre

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] How calling MHD_start_daemon() to get deflate compression?
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 16:49:28 +0200

On Wednesday, June 16, 2010 12:59:07 pm address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> having libmicrohttpd serving compressed web pages seems to be possible:
>  http://gnu.cs.pu.edu.tw/software/libmicrohttpd/microhttpd.html
>
> But I do not achieve to get it working. MHD_GNUTLS_COMP_DEFLATE seems
> not to be declared in the headers.
>
> Does someone has a code example?

There is no build-in support for compression in MHD.  However, you can
yourself check request headers, add the appropriate response header and
generate a compressed response.  So there is no "easy" way to do this (as in,
as easy as setting a flag), but OTOH it is quite possible to support
compressed content with MHD.

Happy hacking!

Christian