Re: [libmicrohttpd] Select timeout being set to 0

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Select timeout being set to 0
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 18:14:15 +0200

Dear Jon,

I've tried (and failed) to reproduce your problem. I've attached my modified version of 'minimal_example.c' (modified to use a thread pool). When I connect to the server with firefox, the socket stays open (will be re-used by the browser) but MHD does NOT use any CPU after the page is served initially.

I do recall a bugs that could cause similar behavior of MHD looping in older MHD versions (prior to 4.5) and there was also a bug with looping for up to 1s before 0.9.12. Which MHD version are you using? (We're currently at 0.9.15, another release might happen later this weekend.)

Happy hacking!

Christian