Re: [libmicrohttpd] Patch to improve IPv6 support in libmicrohttpd

From: Sven Geggus
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Patch to improve IPv6 support in libmicrohttpd
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 16:38:56 +0000 (UTC)

Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> wrote:

> 0.4.6? You got to be kidding me.  We're at 0.9.17, 0.4.6 is about 2
> years old.

0.4.6 is the Version in debian stable. Thats probably where this
comes from. However recent versions are very easy to backport.

> More importantly, the patch is overall not taking the code
> in the right direction.  The modern, recommended way to do dual-stack
> IPv6 is what MHD already supports: use two listen sockets.

This is what I also do now in my Software based on your suggestions
from a few weeks ago, but I'm still not entirely convinced because the
beauty of supporting both IPv6 and IPv4 with nearly no changes to
a servers sourcecode has gone with this approach.

Regards

Sven

--
Das allgemeine Persönlichkeitsrecht (Art. 2 Abs.1 i.V.m. Art.1 Abs. 1GG)
umfasst das Grundrecht auf Gewährleistung der Vertraulichkeit und Integrität