[libmicrohttpd] Unable to use libmicrohttpd on Windows with Visual Studi

From: Emmanuel Engelhart
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Unable to use libmicrohttpd on Windows with Visual Studio
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 22:23:05 +0200

Hi

I have been using libmicrohttpd for a few years in my project and it
works well. Until now it was only integrated in the Linux version of our
produce, but we want to introduce it also on other platforms. We have
achieved to use it without any problems on OSX, but on Windows we have
big troubles.

I'm not able at all to build an application, also the demo app.
hellobrowser using both VC2008 and VC2010 Express. I have tried also to
follow step by step the example of J. Irvin
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libmicrohttpd/2011-12/msg00006.html

The result is simple, the application compiles but does not start at
all. Here are the errors:

===
'hellobrowser.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', Cannot find
or open the PDB file
'hellobrowser.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscoree.dll', Cannot
find or open the PDB file
'hellobrowser.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', Cannot
find or open the PDB file
'hellobrowser.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscoree.dll'
'hellobrowser.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll'
Debugger:: An unhandled non-continuable exception was thrown during
process load The program '[556] hellobrowser.exe: Native' has exited
with code - 1073741701 (0xc000007b).
===

Does someone has an idea what goes wrong here, or maybe the url of a
source code, compiling and working with MS Visual Studio?

Regards
Emmanuel