Re: [libmicrohttpd] Support for zero-downtime deploys

From: Scott J. Goldman
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Support for zero-downtime deploys
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 00:59:11 -0700

I tested your new quiesce patch with our existing daemon manually and it appears to work great! I also wrote up a simple test suite against all the different threading modes:
https://gist.github.com/scottjg/5465607
https://gist.github.com/scottjg/5465607/raw/c7ef22c2fcc4188dc41a5c0e7af4b9f8226eaa8d/quiesce-test.patch

Cheers,
-sjg

On Apr 25, 2013, at 4:16 AM, Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear Scott,

I don't like the limitations of your patch, and I think I've come up with a much cleaner solution.  The attached UNTESTED diff should apply cleanly against SVN HEAD.  Please let me know if it works, and I would
really appreciate a test case (or a few, for the different threading
modes), as this does seem a bit convoluted and there might be corner
cases I overlooked.  And after all, the last thing you want for a zero-downtime deployment is crashing code ;-).

Especially with a test, I can see this going into MHD relatively quickly ;-).

Happy hacking!

Christian