[libmicrohttpd] Real Windows support?

From: Luke-Jr
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Real Windows support?
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 01:48:22 +0000

I used libmicrohttpd in my software, but I feel as if I may be forced to write
my own HTTP server implementation because it is quite frankly not really
portable to Windows. Why is this non-standard plibc library required? Are
there any plans to do an actual native port? Since my software already does
pretty much everything libmicrohttpd should depend on for other protocols,
perhaps I can help make this happen if I know what is needed.

My problems with plibc are on a number of levels:
- I had to dig to find a version in subversion that actually compiles - none
of the releases seem to with modern compilers.
- Even then, I could never get a working Win64 build.
- It is calling setlocale(LC_ALL, ".OCP"), which screws up my program by
causing sprintf (uses in other protocols my software needs to support!) to use
commas for the decimal point instead of periods on non-English systems (and
who knows what other oddities).

Thanks,

Luke