Re: [libmicrohttpd] pre-built dlls on windows

From: LRN
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] pre-built dlls on windows
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 08:17:28 +0400

On 12.09.2014 2:22, Doug wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am using libmicrohttpd on windows with the pre-built 0.9.35-w32 bins,
> Visual Studio 2013.  I've got some of the samples working but have run into
> an issue with methods that return a string I must free(ex:
> MHD_digest_auth_get_username uses strdup to return the name).  When I
> attempt to free, I get asserts about the pointer not being valid.  The
> expression hitting is: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData).  Best I can tell
> this the dll hell with the libmicrohttpd linking to one crt while my console
> app is linking to another.
>

> Does anyone have any experience here?

No, but i can confirm that libmicrohttpd built with mingw-w64 links to
msvcrt.dll, whereas VS builds link to msvcrXXX.dll.

Quickest hack, i guess, is to LoadLibraryA("msvcrt.dll"), msvcrt_free =
GetProcAddress (GetModuleHandleA ("msvcrt.dll"), "free"), then call
msvcrt_free() on the memory libmicrohttpd returns.

--
O< ascii ribbon - stop html email! - www.asciiribbon.org