Re: [libmicrohttpd] To Git or not to Git

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] To Git or not to Git
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 09:08:00 +0100

On 11/15/2017 01:40 AM, Gumbel, Matthew K wrote:
> It's been a long time since 0.9.55. I need to upgrade my production software
> to a more recent MHD build (I'm currently on 0.9.52).
>
> I wonder if I should just build and use latest Git master in production (I'd
> test thoroughly of course). Do the developers see any reason I should not do
> that? Is there any formal release of 0.9.56 upcoming that I should wait for?
>
> Thanks!

Whatever "production" means. If you are using MHD within your test suite
only, use git master. Else you should use a stable version, with
hand-picked fixes (e.g. like some Linux distros do). This might avoid
stumbling over regressions.

Using git master also helps developers to find newly introduced
bugs/regressions faster - as long as you report any problems found.

Just my opinion.

With Best Regards, Tim