[libmicrohttpd] MHD and PVS-Studio Analysis

From: silvioprog
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] MHD and PVS-Studio Analysis
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 19:30:10 -0300

Hi dudes.

PVS-Studio [1] is a Russian tool (Windows/Linux) for bug detection in the source code of programs written in C/C++.

The tool have been issued bugs in many popular projects like LLVM/GCC, cURL, OpenSSL, Doxygen, OpenCV, GTK, glibc, tor etc. The full list is available at PVS-Studio's inspections page [2]. It has helped the authors to fix the reported issues [3].

I have been using the free version of PVS-Studio for analyzing open source projects I use, then it reported issues [4] in "Medium level" in four MHD files. The attached tar.gz contains a few pictures showing the testing result and text files containing respective links to access each issue explanation.

If you agree with fixing those issues, I can run a full test in all MHD files and share all the reported issues (I fix the ones possible for me).

[1] PVS-Studio page, < https://www.viva64.com/en/pvs-studio >
[2] PVS-Studio inspections, < https://www.viva64.com/en/inspections >
[3] cURL fixes based on PVS-Studio issuing, < https://github.com/curl/curl/search?q=pvs&type=Issues >
[4] first MHD report using PVS-Studio free for open source projects, < https://duallsistemas.com.br/download/pvs_mhd/fullhtml >