Re: [libmicrohttpd] Require info on setting TCP_NODELAY for MHD

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Require info on setting TCP_NODELAY for MHD
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 19:20:10 +0100

On 11/9/18 5:44 PM, Badari Prasad wrote:
> Hi,
>   I was going through old mailist archives, found one thread on
> TCP_NODELAY
>https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libmicrohttpd/2015-11/msg00077.html
> But couldn't know if the option provided is it at compile time flag or
> runtime flag per connection basis.
>
> Kindly let me know the information on TCP_NODELAY option at MHD.

Hi!

To the best of my knowledge (i.e. unless there is a bug), TCP_NODELAY
should be set/unset by MHD automatically whenever it makes sense to do
so. Your application doesn't need to do anything here.

If you find/suspect that corking is inappropriately used, please send a
packet trace and maybe a bit of explanation as to how your code works
(in particular, which platform you use and which threading mode is in use).

Happy hacking!

Christian