libredwg

[libredwg] GRASS + LibreDWG

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: [libredwg] GRASS + LibreDWG
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 19:10:17 -0200

GRASS (http://grass.osgeo.org/) is a free software GIS (Geographical
Information System). It has a dwg importing module which depends on
the OpenDWG toolkit (proprietary). Due to the nature of the module,
they don't distribute it with the binary releases. I've written a new
module, roughly based on the previous, that uses LibreDWG. There's the
result. It is a DWG file
(http://www.naval.com/drawings/dwg/PRA430d.dwg) that we've been using
with testSVG, rendered with GRASS's nviz module. I think that it looks
aliased since GRASS is tuned for larger orders of magnitude
(kilometers) by default, and not circuits (centimeters). I need to
test it with a proper dwg file or change some configurations.

I'll submit it as soon as I get the INSERTs working.

Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
PoliGNU - Grupo de Estudos de Software Livre da Poli/USP
FSF Associate Member #7788