libredwg

Re: [libredwg] Autocad 2010 (and prior) file format especification

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Autocad 2010 (and prior) file format especification
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:29:41 -0300

On 23-07-2010 06:31, Jose Miguel MacanĂ¡s wrote:
> I've read on the wiky of the project that  you don't have documentation
> on AutoCAD 2010 file especification:
>
> http://www.opendesign.com/files/guestdownloads/OpenDesign_Specification_for_.dwg_files.pdf

We have known about this new version for like a month. The wiki is not
up-to-date, but thanks for pointing that anyway. I will update it now.

> Found here:
> http://www.deelip.com/?p=2419
>
> And other resources:
> http://www.sycode.com/publications/books/opencad/
>
> I hope this would be new information and helpful for the project.

Those, specially the book, seem to be good resources, since the spec is
very incomplete and ambiguous.

Nonehteless, the ODA spec doesn't help us sufficiently on 2010: the 2010
file structure is blank - probably not accidentally.

Thanks for your message, it will really help. Please let us know if you
become aware of other information.

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva

PoliGNU - Grupo de Estudos de Software Livre da Poli/USP
GNU Project