Re: [libreplanet-discuss] New GNU

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] New GNU
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 17:38:26 -0400

Robert Martinez <mail@mray.de> writes:

> My point is: we need a label for fsf approved "free software". There
> is none.

This is an interesting point. If we had a nice graphic, saying such, we
could encourage people to display it, with a link to
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html.

Also, we are trying to turn http://directory.fsf.org into something that
could fill this purpose. That should hold all free software that can be
run on a free operating system. There would then be a badge/label/button
which can be displayed elsewhere to indicate that the program is
verified as such. It's a work in progress, but that's where we're
headed.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://identi.ca/johnsu01 | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.