Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign

From: Ramana Kumar
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Label Campaign
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 11:29:43 +0100

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM, lluvia <lluvia_lists@lavabit.com> wrote:
I liked a lot the original idea of relaunching the GNU image, but now I
think that, instead, it should be better presenting a new free software
image. The scope of GNU is limited, our mission is the adoption of free
software, which is much more important.

As an idea more for the brainstorming, I propose that the free software
image/logo be based on a freedom symbol with some of the following
elements {computers, bits, pixels, networks}. Human happiness or natural
things such as flowers could be the freedom symbol, though.

Wikipedia's series on "Freedom" uses the symbol of a torch. (Like the one the Statue of Liberty holds.)

Some final thoughts that could be useful:

 * Attribution to GNU for every free software piece could be considered
unjust.
 * Gnus are not related with freedom in computing for most of people.

These are good points.