Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Software Licenses &c

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Software Licenses &c
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 20:31:23 -0400

Thanks Joel

I did not know about this organization, this could be very helpful

On 12-10-03 08:26 PM, Joel Kahn wrote:
Here is another place where Patrick should consider
taking his questions about his software projects:

https://schoolforge.net/

The SchoolForge group is not as rigid about the
definitions of "software freedom" as many people
are here at Libre Planet. In addition, the
SchoolForge community might have a strong interest
in at least one of Patrick's projects, since there
is a focus on trying to help children.

Having said all that, I'll add that I agree with
some of the earlier posts on one point: the focus
in this group is--and should be--on Libre Software.
This is an important concept, and it ought to serve
as a baseline for what we're doing here. We can
certainly differ over details, but we need to know
what our common ground is if we are going to have a
chance of accomplishing anything at all.

Joel