[libreplanet-discuss] [OT] Re: help with FSF incompatible but community

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] [OT] Re: help with FSF incompatible but community oriented licence(s)
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 19:32:52 +0200

Le 04/10/2012 12:37, luke.leighton a écrit :
at least with a free software license such as the GPL, if for some reason you become incapacitated, or lose interest, or even become disinterested in maintaining the software, or... well, there are many many perfectly legitimate reasons why the original author is no longer the best person to continue to maintain the software.... but should that happen, do you *really* want your clients to suffer just because you cannot be involved any more in the project that you started? i trust that i have given you much to think about, here. l.

On the other hand, I ask regularly for years on its ML for someone to take other on a (badly coded) library I wrote, and nobody ever answers!

More: to donate code to FSF, you have (plus the paperwork I know now I can fill without my (state) employer permission) to enlist as its maintainer :)

TH.