Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Alternatives to non-freedom-friendly webmail s

From: Adam Bolte
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Alternatives to non-freedom-friendly webmail services?
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 17:11:47 +1000

1+ for everybody running their own mail servers.

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 08:52:10AM +0200, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
> On 20/06/13 16:49, Jason Self wrote:
> > Easy: Run your own.
> This is *not* easy. Not for a professional, not for an amateur,
> certainly not for a luddite.

I think you'll find a number of people on this list that disagree. It
just requires time to read the docs and experiment. If you mean that
finding time is not easy, fair enough.

Having said that, I agree that spending any significant amount of time
on configuring and maintaining a mail server is far more than the
masses are prepared to accept. I do look forward to the time when
FreedomBox becomes *the* option which is a clear choice to recommend.

-Adam