Re: [libreplanet-discuss] PRISM action center

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] PRISM action center
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:51:02 -0300

John Sullivan <johns@fsf.org> writes:

> I just started <http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:PRISM> as a place to
> gather information about the relevance of free software to the PRISM
> revelations, and as a place to plan the FSF response to this news.

If I try to open the given URL with a null browser's user agent string
or if I drop the `User-Agent' HTTP header I receive an error page
saying:

  Forbidden

  You don't have permission to access /wiki/Group:PRISM on this server.
  Apache Server at libreplanet.org Port 80

If I use the default browser's user agent string and I send the
`User-Agent' HTTP header everything works as expected.

It's somewhat ironic that a page whose purpose is to reveal and defeat,
at least partially, the nasty plans of such a conspiracy for
surveillance, to require people to expose their browser's identity,
don't you think?

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;