Re: [libreplanet-discuss] For the first time in France, the Parliament v

From: Aurélien DESBRIÈRES
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] For the first time in France, the Parliament votes a legislation that gives priority to Free Software
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 08:39:23 -0600

Frederic Couchet <fcouchet@april.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> A very good news from France.
>
> The French Parliament just wrote into law the first instance of Free
> Software priority in a public service, by adopting the Bill on Higher
> Education and Research. April, after extensively contributing to the
> debate, especially welcomes this vote and congratulates Deputies and
> Senators for recognising the importance of Free Software in the Public
> Service for Higher Education, since it alone can ensure equal access to
> the future public service. April hopes that this first step will be
> followed by other legislation in favour of Free Software. It also thanks
> all the persons who mobilised and contacted the Parliament Members.
>
> Read more on :
>
> http://www.april.org/en/first-time-france-parliament-votes-legislation-gives-priority-free-software
>
> Fred.

Congratulations to you to because I have heard that april is for a part
in that move to free software!

I hope that soon the french gov will start is migration to fully free
distro by the way that Linux-libre is a GNU project and also a fully
free kernel.

Maybe with APRIL you can spread the words about respecting the law by
migrate to fully free distro :

http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

Feel free to spread the word that the FSCorsica.org that is in Corsica
is ready to help the french gov on the island for the migration too.

Have fun & be free!

--
Aurélien DESBRIÈRES
Run free! Run GNU.ORG