Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Can you use XMPP with ChatSecure on Android?

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Can you use XMPP with ChatSecure on Android?
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:30:52 -0800 (PST)

Fabián Rodríguez said:
> I can't seem to be able to login with any XMPP accounts

What happens? A DNS lookup is supposed to be done to find out which
server and port to connect to [0] but I've found that isn't
always done and the server & port need to be set manually. Have you
tried that? If setting it manually works, a bug report would
probably be a good idea because the program should be getting this
information from DNS.

[0] http://kingant.net/check_xmpp_dns/?h=member.fsf.org