[libreplanet-discuss] International anti-TPP efforts

From: Bianca Gibson
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] International anti-TPP efforts
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 13:30:19 +1100

Hi everyone,
What efforts are there against the TPP internationally?

An Australian consumer group has over 11,000 signatures on their petition to release the text:
https://choice.good.do/dont-trade-it-away/release-the-tpp-text/

Electronic Frontiers Australia is making noise, and a greens senator trying to get the draft released to parliament. Linux Australia is in the process of writing a submission to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and are encouraging our community to sign the choice petition and make noise. Open Source Industry Australia wrote a submission to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade earlier this year, before the latest leak.

Medical groups have also been making noise, but I don't know as much about them.

Cheers,
Bianca