[libreplanet-discuss] lazarus - libre

From: Ali Abdul Ghani
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] lazarus - libre
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 04:05:22 -0700

But the big problem is lazarus cause a license violation.
from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
""""
Specifically, the LCL, which is statically built into the produced
executables, is licensed under a modified version of the LGPL,
granting extra permissions
to allow it to be statically built into the produced software, including
proprietary
ones.

Note that installing a
design-time
package is equivalent to linking to the IDE. Thus, distributing the
Lazarus IDE with a GPL-incompatible design-time package (e.g. the
JEDI
packages, which are licensed under the
Mozilla Public License
) pre-installed would cause a license violation.
""""
I believe that we must make a branch of it without problems license

--
Think not of them, thou hast thy music too