Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Art & Libre Software

From: Andres Muniz Piniella
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Art & Libre Software
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 21:13:02 +0100

On 15/09/14 20:57, Thomas HARDING wrote:
> On 15/09/2014 21:01, Joel Kahn wrote:
>> I'm now a member of the Art Sync Gallery, run by the
>> Polk County Artists Association (PCAA) here in
>> southwest Missouri. Most of the artists in this gallery
>> work with traditional subjects and media; so far, I'm
>> the only one focusing heavily on digital stuff.
>> However, I have brought in an old desktop that I've
>> set up with Trisquel 6.0.1. In the short term, we'll
>> be concentrating on digital slide shows of art works.
> A good program for slide shows is "sozi" plug-in to the "Inkscape"
> vector program. It's main purpose is to slide, rotate and focus around
> an svg (scalablevector graphics) as an animation (you can embed
> images, preferably, or at option edit images path).
> The version I used didn't embedded sounds. On the other hand, "sozi"
> animations works perfectly in case of web hosting.
Sozi [1] is amazing. It can now handle video and audio files (ogg) plus
you could have one of the slides zoom out and make a collage of all the
other artworks for example writing out PCAA. See example in [1].
[1] http://sozi.baierouge.fr/pages/10-about.html

Sorry that I am unable to help much on technical things and sozi is
pretty easy to use!

--
Enviado dese mi Ubuntu de sobremesa